Thursday, July 28, 2011

Soccer camp and the competition

Hi, everyone! I did get to go to soccer camp! I had to miss Monday to get my ankle checked, but the doctor said it was well enough for me to go to camp, as long as I felt comfortable playing. I had to rest more than usual on Tuesday, but I played really well on Wednesday! The middle school coach was very pleased with me! I get to go to middle school tryouts! I just found out about five minutes ago! We're taking a break inside because it's so hot today.

I have good news from Katia too! Mom texted me to say she's skating very well and placed first in two of the four events she is competing in! She got first place in jumps and first place in spins. Later today, she skates her technical program and her artistic program! I hope she gets two more first places! Mom said she was only a little nervous right before her first event, and she didn't even get carsick on the way to Chicago last night. I'm so proud of my sister!

Well, our break is almost over. I'll try to post some pictures really soon.

4 comments:

  1. That's great news!

    I'm glad you got better soon enough to go to camp, and that it's going well. Hope you have a great time!

    We're also happy for Katia. She should be very proud of herself. Hopefully the rest of the competition goes well for her too.

    Love,
    Charissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome that you made it to camp and get to play .. that would have been so horrible if the doctore could not let you go .. so congrats and glad that you are having so much fun ..

    Tell Katia congrats from the Bolton Girls too .. we are so happy that she is doing so good and having fun herself ..

    Laters,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Keesha. That is really great news. I am glad you get to continue to play and Katia is doing well. I get car sick all the time. Glad Katia did not!

    *Angelica*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you and Katia! Sounds like you've both been working hard and having fun. =) Glad your ankle is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete