Friday, July 1, 2011

Another Dream

I've mentioned before that I sometimes have dreams about my birth family in Namibia. Well, I guess having Katia around has made the dreams come back. Wondering what her life was like before she came to live with us has made me start thinking about my birth parents again. Last night, I dreamed about my mother. It was about the last time I was with her. We were in a big crowd on the street. My dad was there, but not with us. I don't know what he was doing, but I think it was work. There were two big men with me and my mom to protect us from all the people. All of a sudden, there was a really loud noise. It hurt my ears bad. I was screaming, but my mom was silent. One of the big men protecting us ripped me out of her hands and jumped into a car with me. Before the car took off, she whispered, "Be a good girl, My Love, I hope I will see you again soon." Then she disappeared into the crowd. I never saw her again.

I hope Katia will tell us about herself soon! I need distraction, but I will not pressure her. She still doesn't talk much, but when you put skates on her, she's a whole new person! We went ice skating yesterday, and she pretty much took over the entire rink. Double jumps and camel spins everywhere! She's incredible! Mei is really jealous though because she used to be the best skater in our family. Mei only landed her single lutz twice the whole afternoon, but Katia landed almost every double jump she did, including double lutzes and a couple double axels. For those of you who don't live with figure skaters, here is the order you learn jumps from easiest to hardest: waltz jump, toe loop, Salchow, loop, flip, Lutz, axel. Then, you learn them all again as double jumps. I feel bad for Mei, but I want to be proud of Katia. I never thought I'd say this, but I think we have enough sisters now.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, what a scary dream. I wonder what really happened? It sounds like some kind of attack or bomb or something. Do you think it was something real from the past?

    I think sometimes jealousy can be tough between sisters, especially when you're just getting used to each other. (And beyond... Kirsten is still jealous that Bree is doing better at learning to drive, and Bree has been here for months.) It's probably just a really big change for Mei. Maybe as she gets used to it, she'll start seeing Katia as more like a mentor or inspiration, than like competition.

    Maybe the reason you don't want more sisters right now is just that things are so unsettled. You might feel differently once Katia's role in the family isn't so new.

    Thanks for the skating explanations! None of us skate so we didn't know.

    Love,
    Kaya from The Green Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kaya (and everyone else!) I'm not sure if it was real. I feel like I can remember that happening. And, I know I had surgery after I was adopted to fix my hearing, but I don't know why. I'll have to ask my mom.

    I don't think my mom and dad want more kids anyway, so I doubt we will get any more siblings. But, I don't like having everything so unsettled. Mei won't talk to Katia, and Katia barely talks at all. And, well, I kind of want to scream. I hope it gets better soon! Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Keesha,

    Was your mom able to tell you anything about why you had surgery?

    I really hope Mei and Katia can start getting along better. I feel bad for them both - but especially Katia, because she's in a new place and everything is unfamiliar. It's really hard on the whole household when there's that kind of tension.

    Love,
    Kaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kaya,

    She said a loud noise hurt my ears when I was a toddler, but she said she didn't no what kind of noise did it. I think she's lying.

    Still no luck in getting along. I think it's worse. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope she wouldn't lie to you about that. I mean, it's YOUR past - you should get to know if you want, if she knows.

    Sorry to hear things are not going well between your sisters. Has your mom considered getting family counseling?

    -Kaya

    (Deleted previous comment for typo.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe she's just trying to protect me.

    I don't know if she's considered family counseling. I don't remember there being this much trouble when Ana joined the family. Maybe I should ask her tomorrow. I'm spending the night with a friend tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Keesha,
    I'm new to your blog. It's sounds like it gets pretty complicated when new sisters coming in. I hope Mei realizes she still just as special as she was before, even if Katia can land more jumps.
    Hope things even out a bit for you soon.
    Love,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Summer! Welcome to my blog! Things aren't normally so unsettled around here. Thanks for the good wishes. I spent last night at a friend's house, and I am staying over again tonight. Hopefully when I get home, things will be a little better.

    ReplyDelete