Sunday, August 7, 2011

New School Year!

Wow! I can't believe the summer is over already! Soccer camp was so much fun! I made the middle school team! I'm so excited to start school this year. Usually, I'm not very excited because even though I'm smart, I don't like to pay attention in school. I have ADHD, for those of you who didn't know that. I have a few updates from the family too. First, here I am at soccer camp.

This is the day I got picked for the middle school team!

Katia did so well at her competition! Here's some pictures of her with her gold medal. She got overall first place for her level and age group!



She also really enjoyed visiting the zoo in Cincinnati with Mom, Mom's friend Colette, and Inky. Katia says the zoos in America are much nicer than the zoos in Russia.

Here is a picture of Inky and Katia. They are probably talking about life in Russia, since Inky is a Russian adoptee too. 

And, one of Katia and the monkeys. 

She also brought some presents for me and Mei from the zoo. 

The meerkat is Mei's, the polar bear is Katia's, and the white tiger is mine. Molly is Mei's doll. She's not from the zoo. :P

In Mei's room, all of us with our new stuffed animals.

I think our family is starting to come together a little bit. We're all a little nervous about the new school year, and that seems to have made us tighter as a family. Mei has been offering to tell Katia about American school so she knows what to expect. 


9 comments:

  1. Wow, American schools start really early. We still have a couple more weeks of break. Of course, we went further into June than you guys did, I think, so it's probably about even.

    Congratulations on making the middle school team! And congrats to Katia on her competition win!

    Your pictures are so cute. I love Inky's red panda shirt and Katia's tank top. You guys look so summery.

    Wish it was warm enough here that we could wear t-shirts and shorts. This has been the coldest, wettest summer ever for us!

    Love,
    Kaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've sure had a lot going on. Congratulations on making the middle school soccer team! Cincinnati looked like fun. Katia picked out some cute things for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again to you and Katia! Lovely photos. =) I love your new stuffed animals as well! Seems like Katia and Inky had a nice time at the zoo... fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all getting ready for school too .. cannot believe it is upon us again ..

    Congrats on making your middle school team we are soooo happy for you .. how totally exciting .. you will have so much fun this year ..

    Tell Katia congrats from us too .. we are so happy that she did so good in her compitation and hope she continues to enjoy being here in your family .. it looks like everyone is starting to feel more comfortable together ..

    She must have had a lot of fun with Inky and visiting the zoo .. It is wonderful that she has friends who know what she is going through ..

    Have a great week,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! Katia says thanks too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to both of you! I'm always a little nervous going back to school, too. The first week is the hardest. Angelica is scared as well since this is a new school for her. I wish we went to the same school so I could show her around. That's nice of Mei to tell Katia about American schools.

    -Mac

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Keesha! Tell Katia I say "Привет!"

    Congratulations on making the middle school team. Did you watch the Women's World Cup this year?

    I had a great time in Ohio with Katia. I'm so glad the red pandas were out, even though it was too hot to see most of the other animals!

    -Marisha (Inky)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did watch! It was so good!

    I'm glad you had a nice time with Katia. She's been jabbering non-stop about your day at the zoo. She's grinning at your comment. :) Oh, and she has something for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete