Friday, July 22, 2011

I sprained my ankle! :(

I just can't believe it! It's so close to soccer camp! :( I was rough housing with my brother yesterday and somehow my foot got caught up and twisted. It doesn't hurt too bad, but I'm supposed to stay off of it until Monday. Then, the doctor is going to check it again. I will definitely miss the first day of soccer camp, but if it feels good by Monday, I might get to go on Tuesday. I really, really hope it gets better! In the meantime, my sisters are taking really good care of me! Justin kinda feels bad, but it's just as much my fault as it is his. Mom stayed home from work today to help take care of me. Katia didn't say anything, but I could tell she was really glad not to have Nanny Robin all day. I think she's getting used to her though. Yesterday, she asked her for extra pickles at lunch instead of making me ask. We took a few pictures of me hanging out in bed.

Me with my soccer ball, wishing I could practice

Ankle

The special penguin ice pack Justin got me

Lunch in my room alone was boring

But, dessert was fun!

Hanging with Katia

Then Mei joined us!

Now, for some good news! Katia is going to compete in the Chicago Figure Skating Club's Chicago Open Figure Skating Competition! She's going to be competing on the Pre-Juvenile level, which means she has to do her axel and some double jumps. She's a really good jumper though! Her coach wants her to do a double lutz then a loop for her combination jump, but Katia wants to do a double lutz double loop combination. She doesn't think Katia lands double-double combinations consistently enough, but I've seen her do them. She can do it!!! For her spin combination, Katia is doing a flying camel spin-sit spin-change foot-sit spin. It looks really cool! A flying camel is where you jump and land in a spin with your body parallel to the ice. Sit spins are pretty self explanatory. ;) The competition is on July 28th. Katia has been working really hard to get ready for it! Mei was supposed to go to this competition, but she decided to quit skating, so Katia got her spot. Mei is doing gymnastics now. She seems to like it so far.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you sprained your ankle. I'm glad you're able to rest it though, and have everyone take care of you (even if it is boring). Hopefully, it'll heal soon so you'll be able to get back to soccer and everything else you love doing.
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooohhhhh sorry about your ankle .. we will think good thoughts for you to be ok for going to camp on tuesday that would be horrible if you missed it .. take care and be good staying off of your ankle ..

    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ow! Sorry to hear about your sprain. Hopefully you'll feel much better soon so you can go to camp.

    We're glad to hear Katia is going to compete - we wish her luck, and we're sure she'll do great.

    It's kind of sad Mei isn't going to keep skating, though. Hopefully she won't regret her choice to give it up. It's cool that she likes gymnastics - so does our neighbour, Kiwi. (By coincidence, she was adopted from China originally too.) It would be sad for Mei to quit something she loved because of someone else.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    Love,
    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I'm sorry to hear about your ankle! Hope you're all better soon. I love your soccer shirt, though! Soccer is tied with volleyball as my favorite sport.

    Good luck to Katia in the skating tournament, and I hope Mei has fun with gymnastics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww I hope she feels better!! I love the pictures she looks so cute! We just followed your blog it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete