Monday, July 18, 2011

My mom is going back to work!

Normally, this wouldn't seem like that big a deal, since both my parents are lawyers, but I'm really worried. Katia is just now getting used to us a little bit, and our nanny will be back full time on Wednesday. Katia's met her already, but she doesn't talk to her yet. She whispers to me, and I answer for her. She's really shy around Nanny Robin. Robin is really nice, but I remember being really intimidated by her at first too, so I understand why Katia is a little scared of her. She's Scandinavian and speaks with accent (most people at my house do). She's also pretty strict. She inspects our rooms every morning to make sure our beds are made properly, and we aren't allowed to refuse whatever she cooks for us. Usually, she makes things we like, but Katia is still getting used to food here. Apparently, she really likes cereal though. Tonight, Mom caught her sneaking Mom's Special K Blueberry into her room! At first, Katia thought she was in trouble, but Mom just thought it was cute. She's going to buy one of those variety packs of mini boxes so Katia can try a bunch. Anyway, I'm a little nervous about how things are going to go with Mom and Dad out of the house all day.

As for me, I'm going to soccer camp next week! I can't wait! It's not a sleepover camp, so I'll be home at night. I like it better that way because I can play soccer all day and sleep in my own bed at night! My coach says the middle school coach is going to be at our practice. If I do really well, I might get to play on the sixth grade team even though I will only be in 5th grade this year! I'm already running laps every morning. I hope he picks me to play for the middle school!

12 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Charissa. (My sisters told me to comment on this one because I like sports more than they do.)

    Yeah, we understand why you're nervous. This will be a big change for Katia, on top of all the other big changes. Hopefully it'll go OK.

    Soccer camp sounds fun. I love soccer.

    Good luck, and hope you get picked for the team.

    Love,
    Charissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keesha! I'm Lucy. I like your blog... I'm a soccer fan too. =) Anyways, it'll be a big change not having your parents home with Katia, but I'm sure once everyone adjusts it'll be okay. I hope you get picked for the team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Keesha. I play soccer, also. I am not that good, though. Papa just wants to make sure I get enough exercise. I think it will be more fun this year since my neighbor is on my team. Good luck with soccer camp!

    I used to have a nanny when we lived in NYC, but I will not need one here. My neighbor has a nanny whom she likes a lot.

    *Angelica*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the well wishes! I ran my fastest mile ever this morning! I took Katia with me, and boy can she run fast! I had trouble keeping up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Keesha, I can see why you'd be nervous about how Katia will deal with your nanny. Maybe you're mom can talk with the nanny, so she can be a bit easier with Katia since she's still getting adjusted. The nanny should certainly be understanding. If she's not, it might be time for a new nanny.
    Seriously,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom already talked to her! She really is nice. She just seems intimidating. I just hope Katia doesn't freak out. Thanks, Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never had a nanny before. Back in France, my older brother watched us while our parents were at work. He wasn’t exactly the best babysitter, but nothing went horribly wrong under his watch. I wish Katia luck…maybe you could try talking to her?
    Have fun at soccer camp...or should I say football camp? I'm not used to calling it soccer. I also hope that you are a fan of France's soccer team. ;)
    Bises,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Sabine! We are actually Italia fans around here. My dad played football for Italy when he was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Keesha!

    Remind Katia that she can call me any time to talk. I know just what it's like to be adopted from Russia. :) Your nanny sounds really nice.

    Good luck with soccer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh good luck for you on your soccer camp and making the team .. that would be awesome for you ..

    We all hope that Katia settles in fast .. I know it is hard as I am doing the same thing here .. my sisters are all very supportive with me and have been such good sisters ..

    We never had a nanny either .. our aunt Vyky watches over us when Mama is gone or away .. She is a very special part of our life ..

    Take care,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, our first day without Mom went pretty well! I'll try to post again soon. Lots to update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad it went well, and looking forward to hearing more. :-)

    Love,
    The Green Girls

    ReplyDelete