Friday, September 9, 2011

New stuff!

In Russia, I only got new clothes a few times a year, like my birthday and New Year. (Russians don't really celebrate Christmas. We give gifts for New Year instead.) All of the clothes I brought with me from Russia were too small, so I got some new things. I'm going to be getting more soon. I must have grown a lot since I last needed my winter clothes in Russia! Here is what I picked out:

A t-shirt with ice skates on it and a pleated skirt and new sunglasses (my boots are from Russia):


A new sweater and leggings:


What do you think?





8 comments:

  1. Your new clothes look great! Very fashionable!

    Is that sweater from the Cozy Sweater Set? I'm hoping to get that for Christmas.

    Love,
    Summer

    P.S. My big sister Inna says she loves your sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Privet, Summer! Yes, the sweater, leggings, and pink headband are all Cozy Sweater set! I gave my sister Mei the slippers because I prefer proper boots. Tell Inna "spasibo" for me! My sisters made fun of them and said I look like an alien, but I like them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, thanks for the info, Katia! I definitely want that outfit even more after seeing your pictures.

    Inna says your sisters just don't understand Russian taste in sunglasses. ;-)

    Love,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so soft and, well, cozy! You should get it!

    My sisters don't understand my winter coat either. It's fur lined, and they were both horrified. My adopted mom keeps saying "You can take the girl out of Russia, but you can't take Russia out of the girl." I didn't get it at first, but Keesha explained what she meant to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both!! I need to stop looking up pictures of the cozy sweater set. I really want it, but so do ALL of my friends! I like your skating shirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonjour, Katia! Your clothes are so cute, and I particularly love that sweater. Pink is my favorite color, and although redheads don't look great in pink, I still like to wear it! I love how you paired it with boots. The knitted boots don't do anything for me- your look is much more stylish.
    Sandrine <3

    ReplyDelete