Saturday, June 25, 2011

Our new sister is here!!!

My parents went to Russia to get her, and they just got back late last night. We were already sleeping when they got back, and she is still sleeping this morning, so I haven't gotten to meet her yet. But, my mom took a picture of her on the way home. Her name is Ekaterina, and she is 10 years old. Mom says she prefers to be called Katia. I think it's a pretty name, but Mei keeps calling her Katie instead. I hope she doesn't mind. Katia is pronounced KAT-ya and Ekaterina is pronounced with a Y at the beginning: YEH-kah-tye-ree-nah. I can't wait to meet her, but my mom says we should let her sleep because the trip from Russia was really long. Mom says she knows English pretty well, but that we should be understanding if she gets confused. That one was kind of a no brainer. We had to teach Ana English because she didn't know any at all when she came to live with us, so of course we will help our new sister! And, now, for the moment everyone is waiting for, a picture!


While my parents went to Russia to get my sister, I went to the beach with a friend. My other siblings had to stay with my grandparents though. Here are some beach pictures!

Me:

With my friend, Dante

Hanging on some cool rocks:

The water was really warm!

Making footprints

Pretty flowers

Hanging by the pool

More flowers

In a tree

On the plane







9 comments:

  1. Wow, Ekaterina is so pretty! She looks weirdly similar to my sister Bec... but Ekaterina has much nicer hair. :D

    <3 Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jamie! I'll tell her she got a compliment! I bet she will blush. She's really shy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Keesha,

    Katia is pretty! I'm sure she'll be a great addition to your family. :)
    Looks like you've had a lot of fun this summer! How nice that you were able to meet up with Dante. Ooh, and I like your sun dress, too. It suits you!

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya, Keesha!
    Your new sis is really pretty, and I'm super jealous of your beach visit!!
    You have some really awesome pics, I love the one of you in the tree! :D

    ~Edie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new sister! Katia looks really lovely. We're looking forward to hearing more about her, once she's awake and you get to know her.

    It's cool that your family adopted kids internationally. All of us are from Canada or the United States. Boring, huh?

    Your vacation sounds like fun, too! Love the beach pics.

    Love,
    The Green Girls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, everyone! Katia says, "Spasibo", which means thank you in Russian, for all the compliments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way, we mentioned to our neighbour, Inna, that you had an adopted sister from Russia, and she thought it was really cool! (Inna is originally from Russia too but her whole family immigrated to Canada when she was little.) She told us to say "Privyet" to Katia.

    Love,
    The Green Girls again

    P.S. Sorry for the deleted comment. It was the exact same thing, it was just that we put an exclamation point in and it looked like a L at the end of "privyet," so we weren't sure Katia would understand what we were trying to say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katia doesn't talk much, but she sure had a big grin for Inna!

    ReplyDelete