Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break Plans

I can not wait until spring break! There are going to be so many exciting things going on! First, we are going to see Stars On Ice. My sister, Mei, and I have back stage meet and greet passes to meet the skaters! Mei is super excited because figure skating is her favorite sport. She's a pretty good skater too. She landed her lutz this season and is working really hard on landing her axel. I'm always really impressed when she shows me those jumps. I used to take skating lessons too, but I'm better at soccer. I did learn how to do a toe loop though. The same weekend as Stars On Ice is Mei's third competition for the season. She's placed in the top 3 at every competition so far. I'm really hoping she gets another first place!

After a weekend of skating, we are going to spring break camps. Mei is going to skating camp, and I am going to soccer camp. My youngest sister is going to tumbling camp. Sometimes we go on vacation during spring break, but this year, our mom couldn't leave work. We are going to Harry Potter World this summer though! :) At first, we were really disappointed that we don't get to go on vacation, but Harry Potter World will definitely make up for it! Our mom and dad also promised we will get to do some fun things as a family. That doesn't happen very often because we're all so busy. My dad is a lawyer, and he sometimes spends more hours at the office than he does at home, especially when he's working on a big case. We really miss him when he's busy with work. Our mom used to be a stay at home mom, but our youngest sister started kindergarten this year, so she decided to go back to work part time. She's a lawyer too, but she's never practiced until now. Mom and Dad said we can choose what fun things to do for our family nights. What should we do? Each of us kids (there are 4 total) get to pick one thing to do together in the evening. Then, on Friday night, we have to decide on something as a family. What to pick? What to pick? What to pick? Any suggestions? We live in a pretty big city, so it's not too hard to find stuff to do. We want to do something family friendly for a 6 year old girl, a 9 year old girl, a 10 year old girl, and a 16 year old pain in the butt boy.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, Keesha!

    :-)

    We're going to Florida for our spring break. Very soon, actually!

    For your family activities, maybe one evening you could go to a museum. That can usually cover a lot of different interests and age levels.

    Love,
    The Green Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're going to HP world? You're so lucky Keesha! I'd love to go. Please enjoy it for me!!

    How about a play/musical some of those can be pretty fun. Movies are a pretty average suggestions as well. How about something fun like a nature hike? Oh, oh, maybe you could make a scavenger hunt of sorts, highlighting some of the main things in the city? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good ideas! I'm going to check to see if there will be a Gallery Hop during spring break. That's where all the local artists open up their galleries and the public can come in and look at their work for free. There's always lots of food (some of it is free!) and music. We went to one last year, and it was really fun! I think my youngest sister might want to go to the children's museum for her day. I showed her pictures online, and she liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reagan, yes, we are going in June. I am SO EXCITED!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salut, Keesha!
    I don't think I have commented on your blog yet! Anyway, I'm Sabine and I consider myself to be fairly interesting at least 50% of the time. ;)
    It sounds like you have a fun time planned. I have no idea what I'm going to do for my break...maybe visit my family for a week? Hopefully, I can pay for a ticket...
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Sabine! I hope you get to visit your family during your break! It must be hard to be so far away from the people you love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gallery hop sounds fun! What about a concert? Harper said her family always went to concerts as a kid so your younger siblings might enjoy it. I like sports, of course - is there some team thing your family could do together? Maybe even something like going swimming!

    ReplyDelete