Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Girl Scout cookies and 007 movies

My little sister, Ana (short for Anandi), is the youngest person in her Girl Scout Brownies troop, and today, she found out that she sold the most cookies in her whole troop! I'm so proud of her! She was really nervous about selling cookies when she first started because she hasn't been speaking English very long. My parents adopted her from Mumbai, India last year. She was almost 5 when she came to live with us. She didn't speak any English at all, but she's learned really fast! I'm kind of glad cookie season is over though. I spent almost my entire allowance for two months on cookies! What can I say? She's cute (most of the time, anyway), and the cookies are really good! Normally, I try to only eat really healthy stuff, but I'm making an exception just this once.

Speaking of Girl Scout cookies... They are really good in frozen yogurt! I chopped up some Peanut Butter Patties and mixed them into low fat cookies and cream frozen yogurt. Best snack ever! I've been munching on it while watching Quantum of Solace. My brother, Justin, is obsessed with 007 movies, but mom has never let me or my younger siblings watch them. I only got to see my first one last weekend! Justin let me watch with him and his girlfriend. I had to be the "parental" supervision to make sure they weren't doing anything they're not supposed to. Anyway, I'm hooked! I'm not sure who my favorite Bond is yet, but my favorite Bond Girl is Jinx Johnson (Halle Berry's character) in Die Another Day. She's so gorgeous! Sometimes I wish my hair looked like hers, but my spiral curls are nice too. How about you? Who is your favorite Bond and Bond Girl?

7 comments:

  1. Yay cookies! Here in Canada we have Girl Guides instead of Scouts, and they sell cookies too. None of us are in the Girl Guides but now and then they have some families selling their cookies at a table in the front of the grocery store. The grocery store is only two blocks from our house, so we have fun going to get them.

    Tell your sister congratulations for us.

    Our favourite Bond is Daniel Craig. (The younger girls haven't seen the movies, but that's the opinion of the older Greens.)

    Love,
    The Green Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girls sometimes sell cookies at tables in front of grocery stores here too. Ana says thank you. She's very happy to have the grand prize, a bicycle! I'm trying to teach her to ride without training wheels. She's doing pretty well so far!

    I like Daniel Craig a lot, but I also like Pierce Brosnan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she got a bike? That's a great prize. It's nice of you to teach her to ride. You're a good big sister.

    -The Greens again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salut, Keesha!
    Girl Scout cookies are American treats I learned to love. Thin Mints are my absolute favorite! I especially love them cold!
    That's near that your sister won a bike. She'll have a lot of fun with it. I know I love riding my bike, even if I do lose my balance an awful lot.
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, girl scout cookies are the best! I think I could eat a box for each meal and not get a stomachache! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite Girl Scout cookies are Peanut Butter Patties and Lemonades. Sometimes I wish I could eat the whole box, but our soccer coach likes us to eat healthy. I feel better when I eat healthy anyway.

    Ana is doing really well with her bike. It's been cold here, so we haven't gone out to practice much lately, but she did really well yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Keesha! We just got a bunch of Girl Scout cookies from Colleen's mom. They are so good. My favorites are the Tagalongs. I think those are the same as peanut butter patties. I love peanut butter and chocolate. They are kind-of like Reeses, but in cookies. I wasn't a Girl Scout (I was a Venturer, which is party of Boy Scouts) but Harper was a Girl Scout abroad.

    I have to admit I haven't watched enough Bond movies to have a favorite. I'd have to ask Colleen's sister. She is obsessed with James Bond.

    I'm glad Ana is doing great learning how to ride her bike!

    Cate

    ReplyDelete